Open & Closed Ended Daily Wear Instructions
CLOSED-ENDED: Our Closed Ended Daily Wear Pouch Cover is made from a soft and durable cotton/poly blend fabric for comfort and strength. They are available in all of our designs and styles. The back is made from two layers of cotton/poly blend fabric that help to provide a barrier between your skin and the ostomy pouch.
Why choose the Daily Wear Closed-End Cover?
- Since the cover has a closed end it keeps the closure of the pouch from sticking the ostomate in the leg or in some other part of their anatomy
- As the pouch fills up the pouch cover provides support
- If there should be a leak, there is an added layer of protection between the pouch and the ostomate’s clothing
OPEN ENDED: Primarily designed for the Urostomate but can be used by any ostomate with a trainable pouch. The Daily Wear Open End Pouch Cover provides easy access to your drainable pouch. It has the same features and dimensions of the Closed-End except that it is a bit longer to ensure adequate cover of the pouch. They are available in all of our designs and styles.
Why choose the Daily Wear Open End Cover?
- It does not need to be removed to drain your ostomy pouch
- As with the Closed-End, the Open End Pouch Cover provides a barrier between the ostomy pouch and the ostomate’s skin
Pouch Cover Wearing Instructions
You can apply your new C&S Ostomy Pouch Cover by following these simple 4 steps:
- Gather the end of the pouch and insert it into the back of the opening in the cover.
- Slide the cover up and over the pouch as if putting on a slip cover.
- Guide the opening of the cover as that it resides where the pouch and the barrier (flange) are connected. (On a one piece system this would be where the pouch and barrier is factory sealed).
- Ensure that the upper edge of the pouch is inside the upper area of the cover above the opening in the back.
C&S Ostomy Pouch Covers are made from a 100% machine washable cotton blend.
Machine Wash, Warm
Initial water temperature should not exceed 40C or 105F
Tumble Dry, Normal, Medium Heat
A machine dryer may be used at a maximum setting of Medium Heat.